Long Life Algaecide 1 Litre is used to maintain good water quality in private and public swimming pools by preventing and inhibiting algal growth.
- Ensure bathing has ceased before applying this product
- Adjust pH to 7.2 – 7.6
- If algae is present prior to application it is recommended this is cleared before application. To clear algae, shock dose with unstabilised chlorine shock.
- Run filtration for 24 hrs.
- Add Long Life Algaecide directly to circulating water.
- Maintain pH reading between 7.2 – 7.6
Bathing can resume after one full turnover of the swimming pool water, typically 4 hours.
- Dose at the rate of: 1lt of Long Life Algaecide will treat 33,000 lts (7,250 gallons) of pool water to obtain 1mg/l (ppm) of copper. It is recommended to add a “top up” dose of Long Life Copper Algaecide around July or mid winter, check copper levels with a copper test kit and top up with Long Life Algaecide at 0.9 lt per 50,000 lts when the reading has reached below 0.4mg/l (ppm).
Storage & Handling
- Store in a cool, dry place away from oxidizing and reducing agents, strong acid, alkalis, solvents and organic materials.
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Always wear suitable gloves and eye protection when handling.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use