Spa Sanitization Bromine
So for some, this is a preferable sanitizer. However, as with any chemical sanitation system, bromine has its disadvantages. In small quantities dissolved into hot tub water, bromine is not too harmful, but it is naturally irritant to the human eyes and throat, so it’s best to avoid these areas and make sure you don’t swallow any hot tub water!
Bromine on the other hand works by forcing apart the chemical bonds of the contaminants in your hot tub water and as it dissolves in the water it remains active, continuing to work even when it has combined with the unwanted particles.
Unsurprisingly (and like its cousin chlorine), bromine also produces a waste product which is known as bromamine. However, bromamine is not known to have as many side effects when present in your hot tub, but it will reduce the efficiency of your bromine sanitiser. If you are using bromine in your hot tub as your sanitiser of choice, you will want to test the chemical levels regularly and undertake an oxy-shock treatment if the levels need adjusting.
Are you finding as time goes on your spa smells? Looking forward to a nice relaxing soak in your hot tub but when you open up your spa cover you get this unpleasant odor? But the temptation of getting into what looks like a nice clean hot tub may have underlying issues.
A hot tub that smells like rotten eggs is a sure sign that bacteria is hiding somewhere in your spa, spa parts, Jets, headrests, and spa cover, maintaining poor levels or low levels of bromine in your spa hot tub will result in high bacteria growth. To ensure a consistent presence and dosing of bromine in your water it is recommended using a tablet dispenser for Bromine Tablets.
Spa Bromine Granules 1kg, VK-HFP1-DN79
Our Spa Brominate Granules (1kg) are rapid dissolving and specifically blended to disinfect spa and hot tub water. They can either be used on their own for a Total Bromine reading or used in conjunction with Bromine Tablets for a quick boost to your sanitiser reading.
1. Maintain the pH balance between 7.4 – 7.6
2. On START UP and COMISSIONING of new water, use this product to Shock Dose the water to a minimum of 20 PPM with circulation / blowers on and all covers off.
3. Test the water with a BROMINE test kit, the ideal reading for Total Bromine is 4 – 6ppm
4. To increase the Total Bromine reading of the Spa or Hot Tub water by 1ppm add 3g of Spa Brominate Granules per 1000lts of water
5. Spa Brominate Granules can be added directly to the water with circulation running and water temperature above 20°C.
6. If using this product to “Shock Dose” the water please wait a minimum of 40 minutes before bathing re-starts.
7. If you experience difficulties please contact your local dealer
PRECAUTIONS • Always ensure bathers are out of the water when adding chemicals. • Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products, weed killers and chlorine products, as a dangerous reaction may occur. • Always handle products in a well-ventilated area. • Always wash hands thoroughly after handling chemicals. • Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place. Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage. • Instructions and dosages given are a guide to most effective use.
WARNING • This container must not be used or contaminated with any other materials.
Spa Bromine Granules 1kg
- Brand: SpaChem
- Product Code: SpaChem
- Availability: 15
- Ex Tax: £22.73