All your Hot Tub Chlorine Questions
The good news is whichever method of chlorine you use to stabilize the water in your hot tub, the costs are pretty similar.
Its a very clear NO with regards to mixing the two sanitisers, when managing your hot tub water you need to use either or and not both together. Bromine Granules and Bromine Tablets are fine to use together and similarly Chlorine Granules with Chlorine Tablets. Please do not mix the two sanitizers.
Chlorine works by actively destroying any contaminants in the water of your hot tub. Whilst it breaks down the bacteria from the inside out, it dissolves in the water to form a waste product called chloramine.
By adding chlorine in your hot tub at least weekly, you will be able to keep chloramine at bay. You will know if you have a surplus of chloramine in your hot tub water as this is the chemical that has the notorious reputation for its unique smell, for causing stinging in the eyes and for drying the skin.
If the chlorine that you are adding as your hot tub sanitiser needs a helping hand, you can eliminate the number of chloramines in your water by doing a chlorine shock treatment. To help keep your water crystal-clear and ready to use, you will want to do this chlorine shock treatment regularly. There are two types of shock which we will cover in our next blog, but calcium hypochlorite and an oxidizing shock call Non chlorine shock granules.
It goes without saying that care and attention must be taken when using all hot tub chemicals and this is the case for both chlorine tablets and chlorine granules.
Due to the way that they are manufactured, chlorine tablets are more acidic than chlorine granules. It is therefore important if you choose to use chlorine tablets that the floating dispenser is removed from your hot tub before you glide in.
The main risk with regards to chlorine tablets or chlorine granules not being used correctly is high elevated chlorine levels due to overuse and chlorine lock rendering the hot tub not useable. The second factor is correct pH & total alkalinity levels not being maintained at the right levels which will create an environment that will cause you tub to become too acidic or too alkaline, which will mean you burning through chlorine at a high rate.
Multifunctional Chlorine Tablets 5kg, KE-LORO-KNBI
Spa Chlorine Mini Tablets are slow dissolving and specifically formulated for the disinfection of Spa and Hot Tub Water. These tablets should be dosed via a specific floating dispenser or an erosion feeder device.
1. Maintain the pH balance between 7.4 – 7.6
2. On STARTUP and COMMISSIONING of new water always use SPA CHLORINE GRANULES to Shock Dose the water to a minimum of 20 PPM with circulation/blowers on and all covers off.
3. Test the water using a CHLORINE test kit, the ideal reading is between 4 – 6ppm.
4. Use 2 Spa Chlorine Mini Tablets in either a floating dispenser or erosion feeder to treat up to 1500lt of water.
5. Monitor the Chlorine readings, you may have to adjust the flow on the dispenser/feeder.
6. If you experience difficulties please contact your local dealer.
• Always ensure bathers are out of the water when adding chemicals.
• Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products, weed killers, and chlorine products, as a dangerous reaction may occur.
• Always handle products in a well-ventilated area.
• Always wash hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
• Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place. Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage.
Instructions and dosages given are a guide to the most effective use.
• This container must not be used or contaminated with any other materials.
Spa Chlorine Tablets 5kg
- Brand: SpaChem
- Product Code: SpaChem
- Availability: 10
- Ex Tax: £34.29