Hot Tub pH Balancing Controls and More
Recommendations for addressing high levels of pH and alkalinity.
When it comes to balancing the pH and alkalinity of your hot tub water, they follow the same principles; if your levels are low, use a plus increaser and a Total Alkalinity Increaser, always remember the rule of thumb and balance your Total Alkalinity first, then your pH, if your levels are too high, use a pH & Alkalinity Reducer or Minus product!
If your alkalinity is too high, we would recommend that you… use a combined pH & Alkalinity Reducer as typically if your water is either high in pH or naturally high pH from the source then your Alkalinity normally follows suit.
If your pH is too high, we would recommend that you…. use a combined pH & Alkalinity Reducer as typically if your water is either high in Alkalinity or naturally high TA from the source then your pH normally follows suit.
To ensure that you get the right hot tub chemistry, remember the rule of thumb, and always balance your alkalinity before you address any issues with your pH readings.
The water Alkalinity or Total Alkalinity (TA) of your hot tub is a measurement of how your water is able to neutralize acids and as such is a key component to the balancing of your pH levels. The alkalinity levels act as a buffer to help your water resist drastic changes. If the alkalinity of your water is unbalanced, it can cause the pH readings to be either too high or too low. The alkalinity of your hot tub should be between 80 to 120ppm.
pH on the other hand is a measurement of how acidic or alkaline your water is. The ideal range for pH in your hot tub water is between 7.2 and 7.8, as this will allow the chlorine in your water to work more effectively at keeping your water clean. We would recommend that you check the pH level of your water a minimum of twice a week as sanitizers and minerals in the water can have an impact on your reading.
Spa pH Minus & Alkalinity (Reduces) Spa PH) 5kg, G6-2PRG-UZLX
Having a well balanced hot tub water is essential to ensure comfortable bathing conditions and maximum efficiency from the primary sanitiser you are using, which will help maintain the fabric of the spa and hot tub. The correct pH reading should be 7.4 – 7.6 and Total Alkalinity between 80 – 150ppm
1. Use a good quality test kit to determine the pH and/or the Total Alkalinity reading.
2. To reduce pH readings add 10g per 1000lts of Spa and Hot Tub water sprinkling product directly to the water with circulation on. This application will lower the pH by approximately 0.2
3. Only make one addition of pH and Alkalinity Reducer at a time and always re-test the water, should a further addition be required please follow step 1 again.
4. To reduce Total Alkalinity add 15g per 1000lts of Spa and Hot Tub water with circulation on. Add product to the deepest point of the Spa / Hot Tub in one application. This application will lower the Total Alkalinity by approximately 10 – 20 ppm (mg/l)
5. Always re-test the water after each application.
• Always ensure bathers are out of the water when adding chemicals.
• Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products, weed killers and chlorine products, as a dangerous reaction may occur.
• Always handle products in a well-ventilated area.
• Always wash hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
• Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place. Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage.
• Instructions and dosages given are a guide to most effective use.
• This container must not be used or contaminated with any other materials.
Spa PH Minus (Lowers Spa PH) 5kg
- Brand: SpaChem
- Product Code: SpaChem
- Availability: 78
- Ex Tax: £14.19