Hot Tub pH Balancing Controls and More
Recommendations for addressing high levels of pH and alkalinity.
When it comes to balancing the pH and alkalinity of your hot tub water, they follow the same principles; if your levels are low, use a plus increaser and a Total Alkalinity Increaser, always remember the rule of thumb and balance your Total Alkalinity first, then your pH, if your levels are too high, use a pH & Alkalinity Reducer or Minus product!
If your alkalinity is too high, we would recommend that you… use a combined pH & Alkalinity Reducer as typically if your water is either high in pH or naturally high pH from the source then your Alkalinity normally follows suit.
If your pH is too high, we would recommend that you…. use a combined pH & Alkalinity Reducer as typically if your water is either high in Alkalinity or naturally high TA from the source then your pH normally follows suit.
To ensure that you get the right hot tub chemistry, remember the rule of thumb, and always balance your alkalinity before you address any issues with your pH readings.
The water Alkalinity or Total Alkalinity (TA) of your hot tub is a measurement of how your water is able to neutralize acids and as such is a key component to the balancing of your pH levels. The alkalinity levels act as a buffer to help your water resist drastic changes. If the alkalinity of your water is unbalanced, it can cause the pH readings to be either too high or too low. The alkalinity of your hot tub should be between 80 to 120ppm.
pH on the other hand is a measurement of how acidic or alkaline your water is. The ideal range for pH in your hot tub water is between 7.2 and 7.8, as this will allow the chlorine in your water to work more effectively at keeping your water clean. We would recommend that you check the pH level of your water a minimum of twice a week as sanitizers and minerals in the water can have an impact on your reading.
Spa pH Plus (Spa Increaser), FS-V7GU-FCHUSPA pH PLUS is used to increase the pH balance of the Spa / Hot Tub water, the correct pH balance is critical to ensure bather comfort and to minimize damage to the fabric of the Spa / Hot Tub. The correct pH balance for Spa / Hot Tub water is 7.4 – 7.6.
1. Use a test kit to determine the pH reading, ideal reading is 7.4 – 7.6, if the reading is below 7.4 use Spa pH Plus to increase the reading.
2. To increase the pH dose at the rate of 10g per 1000lts of water.
3. If the Spa or Hot Tub water is up to temperature (above 30°C) add the Spa pH Plus directly to the water with the circulation on. If the water is cold then pre-dissolve Spa pH Plus in a clean container filled with clean warm water and then distribute around the surface of the water.
4. Re-test the water after 30 minutes, if the pH still needs to be increased follow steps 2 and 3 again.
5. Only add Spa pH Plus in stages and always re-test after additions.
6. If you experience any difficulties please contact your dealer.
• Always ensure bathers are out of the water when adding chemicals.
• Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products, weed killers and chlorine products, as a dangerous reaction may occur.
• Always handle products in a well-ventilated area.
• Always wash hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
• Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place. Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage.
• Instructions and dosages given are a guide to the most effective use.
• This container must not be used or contaminated with any other materials.
Spa PH Plus (Spa Increaser)
- Brand: SpaChem
- Product Code: SpaChem
- Availability: 34
- Ex Tax: £6.25